Most brides are overjoyed about the prospect of walking down the aisle, resplendent in a white gown, under the gaze of God and their loved ones, to marry the man of their dreams. But let’s be honest: planning a wedding, even a small one, is a lot of work. It is stressful, time consuming, expensive, and it tests the mettle of even the most willing and capable brides. And when you throw in the all-too common occurrence of cold feet, you can see how some seemingly lucky ladies end up as runaway brides. So if you’re up to your neck in wedding plans and wondering how you’re going to make it down the home stretch, here are a few inspirational quotes to get you to the church on time.
- “Never love anybody who treats you like you’re ordinary.” – Oscar Wilde. We don’t always choose who we love, but we definitely have a choice when it comes to who we marry and spend the rest of our lives with. So before you tie the knot, unravel a few threads and look at them a little more closely. You don’t want to settle for someone who isn’t going to make you feel loved and treat you like you’re special every day of your life. Of course, you should also return the favor.
- “Love does not consist in gazing at each other, but in looking outward together in the same direction.” – Antoine de Saint-Exupery. When you’re in the first flush of love, the honeymoon phase, it’s normal to do some eye-gazing. But as time goes on, your lover must become a partner and companion in every sense. Do you want children? How many? Who will stay home with them? Where will your home be? Do you want to travel? Retire early? Start your own business? Since marriage is forever (or at least it should be) you need to make sure that the person you marry is looking in the same direction as you when it comes to plans for the future.
- “Love is a canvas furnished by nature and embroidered by imagination.” – Voltaire. Anyone can fall in love, but you’re going to need imagination to keep love alive. Marriage, and more importantly a romantic relationship, takes work. But with a healthy dose of imagination at your disposal you can make that work a lot of fun.
- “Being deeply loved by someone gives you strength, while loving someone deeply gives you courage.” – Lao Tzu. Giving and receiving love makes you the person you’re meant to be, one that is both willing and able to do what it takes to protect and nurture others.
- “Love is a fire that feeds our life.” – Pablo Neruda. A life without love is bound to be cold, or so Neruda seems to be saying. Without love of one stripe or another, humans cannot hope to reach their potential for happiness and fulfillment. So heed the inspirational life quotes above. When you find the love of your life, do whatever it takes to keep the flame burning.