- Wedding Themes
- Winter Weddings
- Vintage Weddings
- Vineyard Weddings
- Valentine's Wedding
- Twilight Theme
- Sports Themed Weddings
- Snowflake Weddings
- silver stars
- Polka Dot Wedding
- Orchid Weddings
- Nostaligic Wedding Themes
- Music Themed Weddings
- Lemonade Inspired Weddings
- Las Vegas Weddings
- Halloween Wedding
- Golf Themeed Weddings
- Garden Wedding
- Flower Wedding Themes
- Firefighter Wedding Theme
- Fall Weddings
- Fairy Tale
- Destination Weddings
- Damask Weddings
- Christmas Weddings
- Chess Themed Wedding
- Camouflage Wedding
- Butterfly Weddings
- Breakfast at Tiffany's
- Black & White
- Beach Weddings
- Asian Wedding Theme
- 4th of July Wedding
- Wedding Planning
- Wedding Details
- My Wedding Plans
- Inspiration Boards
- In The News
- In Our Store
- Green Weddings
- Friday Fab Finds
- Dresses I LOVE
- DIY Weddings
- Coupons & Sales
- Bridal Style
- Blog Love
- Blog Conversations
Archive for category Halloween Wedding
This white and black feather bouquet from Emplume would be gorgeous any time of year but the colour scheme and unique texture of the bouquet is perfect for a Halloween wedding!
Red and black is a great colour scheme for a Halloween wedding. This first bouquet uses a mixture of black and red flowers with black accents for a gorgeous bouquet with a gothic feel perfect for Halloween. (Source)
The Little Orchid Shop did an amazing job on this bouquet for a Halloween themed wedding. Also in a red and black colour scheme, this bouquet includes thistles and little black skulls but doesn’t look tacky at all! It’s very unique and absolutely gorgeous! (Photo by Elizabeth Vanderbij)
Purple can also be a great colour for Halloween. This bouquet combines a deep purple with a dark red and black for a stunning colour scheme that is just dark enough to be Halloween-worthy. I love the feather accents as well! (Bernardo’s Flowers)
Another gorgeous bouquet in deep reds, purples and blacks from Flora Nova – this bouquet is sophisticated and stunning – love it!
Purple and black can also work well on their own – this bouquet has purple in a variety of shades paired with black for e very elegant but still “dark” bouquet – perfect for a Halloween Wedding.
Halloween is around the corner and so may be the wedding date for some of the couples. This may be a reason that you are looking for some unique Halloween wedding ideas to make your wedding an exciting event, with your wedding costumes on as Halloween costumes.
We have several ideas for all the people who wish to have a spin on the usual wedding ideas or those who want to explore the ghoulish ideas to celebrate their wedding in this Halloween season.
Eerie Halloween Wedding Ideas
- Wedding Invitation: A wedding invitation is indispensible to a wedding and if the wedding has a Halloween theme then it is difficult to get a Halloween themed wedding invitation card. However, this will certainly add to the spectacular theme.
You may make your own wedding invitations and order or customized a Halloween party invitation. Use the Halloween colors such as orange, black or purple for the card.
- Wedding Decorations: Ambience of the wedding venue is important to make sure it complements the Halloween theme. Use the black and red color theme for the wedding decorations to look creepy. Even black and orange or red with yellow combination will give a great Halloween touch to the decorations.
Use Halloween props such as black netting table cloth with twinkle and glowing lights, wall clings and wall decals with monsters and insects, dead tree branches etc. Use these props to decorate the wedding venue and to add the effect hang carved pumpkin with glowing lights and also hang black light strings at the doorway.
- Wedding Ensemble: The bride and the bridegroom need to have a unique and antique dress to go along with the theme. Bride may capture a Victorian-influenced hairstyle or an uneven layer cut to look weird, or you may wear spider hair-clips.
For the attire ideas, brides may follow a vampire theme or even they may dress up as a Dracula’s bride. Use sleek black gloves, the wedding gown may be in red or black color and also prefer a black veil to the traditional white one.
Bridegrooms can dress up in black or red that complements the bride. Also, they may opt to wear black tuxedos with blood red cummerbunds. Wearing monster masks may be an aid to the look.
- Wedding Cake: Most important of all, order the wedding cake that complements the Halloween theme. You may select from various ideas spawning from a coffin shaped cake, cake in a haunted house shape to a normal cake with spider web-shaped icings.
Cake toppers such as ghost couple, skull, crossed bones or a witch may add to the creepy look for the occasion.
- Cocktails and Food: Include Halloween recipes and cocktails for the wedding food menu. Drinks decorated and served with Halloween props such as spider webs and gummy insects match best with the theme.
Order Halloween recipes such as eyeballs sandwiches, salads served in pumpkin carved in skull shape and Dracula finger cookies, or skeleton shaped cookies may be delicious and a scary surprise for the guests.
Implementing Halloween wedding ideas in your wedding may be fun and thrilling for your guests. Enjoy the wedding with the above given ideas and do not forget to inform your wedding guests to come in Halloween costumes for more fun as they can enjoy the wedding as a Halloween party and celebrate the festival with you.
I love crazy, unique weddings and Halloween is definitely one of those wedding themes that can get really overdone – really fast. But Halloween weddings can also be a lot of fun! If you’re planning a wedding around Halloween, here are a few tasteful but still unique ideas that I am in love with.
I LOVE this bouquet! Black thistles and feathers give these red roses a rock start twist perfect for a classy halloween wedding. This would pair very well with a wedding dress with black accents as well. Photo by Elizabeth Vanderbij Photography, Bouquet by Wild Orchid Flower Shop.
This vintage Halloween Wedding scheme is fabulous! A color scheme of blood red and black paired with vintage lace, antique candle holders, traditional damask patterns and classic candies creates a gorgeous wedding inspiration board perfect for a classy Halloween wedding. Found on BridalBuds
Some of my favorite budget friendly ideas for a classy Halloween wedding:
The vellum shades shown here feature a beautiful damask print. For a Halloween wedding, I would purchase wine glasses at local thrift shops and spray paint them either black or a deep red, depending on your color scheme. For an affordable centerpiece, combine three glasses in different sizes on each table and sprinkle rose petals underneith. The shades cost about .83 each from Beau-coup. The Damask Print Votive Holders sell for as little as $1.60 each from Beau-coup and can be used as part of your decor, as a wedding favor, or both. Use a black or red candle in each holder for a darker look.
These mini martini glasses are adorable and are the perfect way to serve a blood red Halloween signature drink. I love how they have them shown here with a blackberry and raspberry for garnish – fantastic. These are as low as $3.60 each from Beau-coup. The glasses could also be used as a wedding favor for your guests to take home at the end of the night. The black and white flower cones are $2.25 from Beau-coup and would be beautiful as pew ends for a Halloween wedding. You could use double sided tape to attach them to each pew – or punch a small hole in the top of each and add a red or black ribbon to hang them with.
And last but not least – Halloween Paper Lanterns These are a little more traditionally Halloween but still pretty classy – $3.50 each from Beau-coup.
1. I love this design by the Pink Cake Box because while it offers a lot of Halloween drama – the color scheme mixed with flowers, butterflies and dragonflies gives it a gorgeous dramatic romance look. 2. Our second cake was found on the Wedding.com forums an incorporates dark colors and skulls with red roses and spiderwebs – a fantastic grooms cake option for a Halloween wedding.
3. I haven’t been able to find out who made this cake but I love the whimsical style. Definitely a great choice for a bride who wants to incorporate Halloween but not to the extreme. 4. This cake from Not Your Average Cake is absolutely gorgeous – but add a few bats and skulls and a skeleton bride and groom and voila – you’ve got an elegant Halloween wedding cake!
5 & 6 – If you’re looking for something a little more subtle, a red and black cake like these ones from I Do… Inspiration and Cake Coquette is the way to go. The dramatic, dark colors will give your cake the dark romantic look of Halloween without going to overboard.